TAKE ACTION! Listed on this page are currently active gas station proposals that we oppose, as well as projects we have successfully blocked. Please let us know if you have info about any of these proposals, or proposals not listed below.
After the gas station listings you will find the sections regarding gas station permitting rule revisions.
Active Gas Station Cases:
- 43 Middle Rincon Road, Santa Rosa (Intersection of Middle Rincon Road and Highway 12)
- At this location there is an existing 7-Eleven minimart.
- The proposal is a 7-Eleven corporate project to renovate the 7-Eleven and add a 12-pump gas station.
- Visit the City of Santa Rosa’s web page for this project for more info.
- 874 North Wright Road, Santa Rosa (Intersection of North Wright Road/Fulton and Highway 12)
- This proposal is for a gas station and minimart in an undeveloped “greenfield” location
- It is adjacent to the Joe Rodota Trail and features seasonal wetlands
- On December 12, 2019, CONGAS filed an appeal on this project. It is still pending.
- For more info, staff report, application documents, etc, visit the City of Santa Rosa’s web page for this project.
- Petaluma Gas Club: Petaluma Gas Club (south of Petaluma in unincorporated So Co) (BAAQMD Permit Apps) Letter to developer sent 7/20
- Monte Rio: 20293 Highway 116, Monte Rio (PLP21-0003) – Letter to developer sent 7/16/21
Defeated Gas Station Proposals
- Route 116 & Stony Point Rd. (Unincorporated Sonoma County between Cotati and Sebastopol)
- This was the proposal that sparked the formation of CONGAS
- It was an ARCO-branded 16-pump station with carwash and minimart with 24/7 operation.
- Robust community opposition, including a strong turnout at a June 25, 2019 community meeting, resulted in the application being withdrawn on July 8, 2019.
- 5300 Sebastopol Road (Llano Road & Highway 12, unincorporated Sonoma County)
- This was a proposal by a private local developer, the owner of the property, for a gas station, minimart, carwash, and RV storage yard;
- Massive community opposition resulted in over 140 letters and a public demonstration at the location on June 18, 2020; the proposal was withdrawn on July 2, 2020.
- Archival material can be found HERE.
- Route 116 & Stony Point Rd. (Rotten Robbie)
- On August 3, 2020 CONGAS was contacted by Rotten Robbie, the gas station developer.
- Rotten Robbie was in escrow to purchase the property with a gas station proposal similar to the one we defeated in 2019 in mind.
- After we shared the opposition files with them, they withdrew from escrow the same day.
City and County Gas Station Permitting Rule Revisions
- Sonoma County
- City of Santa Rosa